Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Know thy path

"You broaden my path so that my ankles do not turn"
2 Samuel 22:37


Which path do I take? I look ahead and see 3 paths before me. One to the left, one in the middle and one to the right. I can deduce where these paths lead to but I dont know what lies at the end of these paths. As I stand here investigating every detail of the paths before me, I start to take notice of certain things about these 3 paths.

Path to the left
This path leads down to a place I've already been in my life. A part of my life where I was genuinely happy and almost carefree. Days were spontaneous and activities were abundant. Nights were long and sleep was not even close to being a necessity. Distance was nary an issue but trust was. Concern became distrust which eventually led to dissociation

Path to the right
This path leads down to a place of "what could have been." A place in which I can make up for a part of my life that has long been disjunctioned. Maturity has reared it's head and decisions seem easier because of hindsight. Words of others no longer clouds my judgment and clarity is evident. A mistake that can now be made right.

Path in the middle
This path leads down to a place that I have never been to. A place where the past does not matter and yet it does. With the promise of surprise at every step of the way. A path that could prove to be the longest one I've ever taken in my life or intersect into any of the other paths.

Which path do I take?

~Slick~

1 comments:

Chester said...

The path to the left seems like a good choice. If you've been there and have been genuinely happy, why not go there again? As for trust, it's always a good time to work through any issues.

The path to the right seems a great choice if you want to take the matured route and possibly correct that mistake.

As for the middle path, it seems like an adventure, for all its unknown aspects.

So the choice essentially boils down to possible genuine happiness again and resolving of trust issues; the opportunity to be mature; or to go on an adventure.

Question is-- which do you want most right now?