Monday, October 29, 2007

Doulos

After 8 years, it's back again. I'm talking about the Doulos. I vaguely remember my experience from when it was last here because I've never really had a thing for books since I'm not much of a reader. I didn't even want to go see the ship but when you're young and unable to drive, your parents have pretty much every say in the subject.

The only thing that I clearly remember is the really nice girl I met on the ship that day. I dropped something and she picked it up for me, so on and so forth. I'm not gonna get into any details. :P She was real pretty too and same age as me. If i believed in that stuff, I woulda probably called her my soul mate. Imagine that; Finding a soul mate when you're 15 years old. It's like stumbling across the batcave. You don't know whether to rejoice or be very afraid.



Anyways, teenage drama aside, I visited the Doulos this time out of my own volition. I was there with Pete, David and a couple of the SACFC members. Go St Andrew Lions! The crew members
organised a sports cafe to help spread a message about God using sports as a theme. Didn't know what to expect outta it but I went knowing that God would somehow get some sort of message across despite all the restrictions imposed by Brunei's government. All in all, they did a splendid job in effectively getting the message across. Kudos to Doulos. *Bada bish!*

Because we didn't have time to eat before our visit to the ship, we decided to go for a bite afterwards. Which we did, we went to a restaurant nearby the muara port and as we walked in we immediately realised that we had stepped into a Chinese restaurant. One word - Karaoke...

David's theory was that they were having a karaoke competition and mine was that they were practicing for when weekend comes but either way it was pretty hilarious. Haha. For one thing, one of the songs sung (badly :P) was a malay version of the theme song for The Legend of Judge Pao. SERIOUSLY !!!!!!!!! For those that don't know, Judge Pao was a Chinese legend with a crescent moon on his forehead who always judged fairly in all his cases. Please note the word 'legend' here because I don't have any evidence of his existence. Unless you count VCR tape volumes of 'Pao Qing Tian'. Kekeke......

Overall, I thank God for today.

~Slick~

0 comments: