Thursday, October 25, 2007

yum yum !!!

Hungry? Try some placenta... Apparently, it contains high levels of prostaglandin, which basically means that it helps to clean your uterus after giving birth. Yum......? o_O

So, my dog gave birth to 5 cute puppies yesterday and she picked a heck of a time to do so because I just happened to be home alone. Not to mention that I had to watch as she proceeded to eat her way through all 5 placentas.

* Note: puppies come out of their mommy's wombs covered in a placenta sack, which the mommy dog has to eat so that the puppies don't die from lack of air *

Needless to say, watching a birth is not for the faint-hearted. One thing to be careful about is the stench. Somehow, the smell of amniotic fluids, blood, placenta and freshly born puppies mixing in the air just doesn't produce a very pleasant concoction for the nose. Ick!

One by one, the puppies just kept coming out and I had to restrain my other dogs from getting near them because one of 'em just happens to be very territorial and has a reputation of biting off puppy heads. * Bad dog! * One thing that I've gained out of this whole experience though is a taste of paternity. I realised that when it comes down to it, I have a pretty developed paternal instinct. Of course this is not to say that a dog giving birth and a human giving birth are the same thing. I still have no idea how I would react to an actual birth but thankfully I don't have to worry about that just yet as I'm sure that God and nature will run it's course. All in all, it was a really cool experience for me, although I could have done without my dog splashing placenta juice on me while I was trying to take pictures. >_<

However, if you're still hungry, I've recently
found a substitute for indomee goreng. It wont clean your uterus but it definitely tastes better.

~Slick~

0 comments: