Monday, October 22, 2007

Never thought I'd do it

Have you ever told yourself that you wouldn't do something only to succumb to it later on? That's how I'm feeling right now. Haha.......

I didn't think that I'd ever get into the whole "blogging" thing but here I am, blogging for the first time. Speaking of blogs, I've been wondering when the word "blog" became a usable term. These days, you can find the word "blog" in quite a few dictionaries. Webster's New Millennium Dictionary for one states the following:

Main Entry: blog
Part of Speech: n
Definition: an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log
Example: Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
Etymology: shortened form of Weblog
Usage: blog, blogged, blogging v, blogger n

I guess one day some lexicographer said to himself/herself, "Hmm, I think I'll add the word blog into the dictionary." and voilĂ ! Anyways, enough blogging for now. I hope the world wide web is ready for me, because it's about to become a lil bit more lame......

~Slick~

0 comments: