Saturday, October 27, 2007

Finishing well

I've been pondering on something today. More specifically, the fact that I always set out to do something but I never finish anything well enough. Imagine a first place marathon runner who collapses out of exhaustion 3 steps to the finish line. That's how I feel. It reminded me of a sermon that I once heard about finishing well. Though I could not remember it word for word, I remembered enough of it to realise it's truth.

It is indeed very important to finish well. Not just in life but, more importantly, our Christian walk as well. This is not because it is the way things should go or because it is the right thing to do but verily, it is what really counts. Any fool can start something but only a wise man finishes well. I dont know about you, but I definitely want to be that man who finishes well. What's your decision?

~Slick~

ps: the word 'man' here refers to mankind in general. Please dont start any sexist wars here... hehe...

0 comments: