Sunday, November 4, 2007

Superficiality


Lately, it seems that the level of superficiality in friendships have increased. Well, for me anyways. As always, I speak from my own point of view and doesn't necessarily have to be the same for whoever is reading this blog.

Back to the subject at hand. Superficiality will be the downfall of many a friendship or relationship in everyone's lives. There's no escaping it. No matter what you claim, there will always be a level of superficiality in every friendship or relationship that you build. And why wouldn't there be? I mean, who wants to know every single detail of someone else's life or wants every single detail of their life to be known? It's unrealistic.

There are two sides to every coin. There are people who complain that they feel that they don't know you enough yet reveal nothing practical about themselves to you; Then there are people who keep everything to themselves but wished that they could have someway or someone to spill everything to. So, as I said before, unrealistic!

What constitutes as superficiality anyways? If I told you something that is true for me but sounds like utter bull crap to you, then is it superficial? Was I being lame again? Was it superficial just because what I said is not the kind of thing you expected to hear?

Most people have their minds made up about me!

Many people have mentioned that I am a very superficial person, or that I'm really hard to predict/read, or that I'm too mysterious, or that I don't open up enough, or that I'm afraid of people finding out the real me. Well, maybe everyone should consider the fact that it's not that I have lots of things to hide but rather, I have nothing to show. All I ask, is for a little consideration that maybe I'm not as closed as everyone makes me out to be.

~Slick~